Freight Account Officer
Middlegate Europe is a leading European transport, storage, distribution and groupage specialist offering supply chain solutions for a wide range of customers in Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, France, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
We have been active for over 30 years and have offices in Zeebrugge, Liège Airport and Hull (UK).
As a full-service provider, Middlegate Europe is responsible for transport and distribution as well as groupage, storage and logistics services. The company has 160 employees and a turnover of 30 million euros. To support our growth, we are looking for a Customer Service Officer for our head office in Zeebrugge. We are a family company where the values of respect and team spirit have priority.
As a Freight Account Officer you will be responsible for the successful execution of client requests and ensuring expectations are managed. As a team-player you will be required to communicate effectively with Middlegate Europe’s specialist teams to ensure good client experience.
• A challenging environment in a fast moving industry
• Opportunity make your mark in a dynamic and diverse environment
• Support from a professional organisation geared towards growth
• Competitive package with attractive benefits
Roles and Responsibilities
• Vetting requests for data and operational integrity
• Using system tools to process the requests ensuring accuracy is maintained through to execution
• Raising potential issues to pro-actively inform the client
• Daily analysis of operations
• Creating system reports for key operational metrics
• Closing the feedback loop to the client, with root-cause analysis
• Administrative follow up including revenue protection
• Practical work experience in the logistics sector
• Attention to detail, and understanding of the subsequent impacts in the supply chain
• Excellent communicator, internally and externally, fluent in Dutch and English written and verbal. French and German language skills are an advantage
• Strong knowledge of modern IT applications. Knowledge of Navision, SAP and EDI interfaces is a distinct advantage
• Geographic knowledge with respect to European freight and market prices. Knowledge of online freight management portals