Middlegate Europe is a leading European transport, storage, distribution and groupage specialist offering supply chain solutions for a wide range of customers in Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, France, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
We have been active for over 30 years and have offices in Zeebrugge, Liège Airport and Hull (UK).
As a full-service provider, Middlegate Europe is responsible for transport and distribution as well as groupage, storage and logistics services. The company has 160 employees and a turnover of 30 million euros. To support our growth, we are looking for a Customs Responsible for our head office in Zeebrugge. We are a family company where the values of respect and team spirit have priority.
As a Customs Officer you have the experience and competences to write out procedures
and processes and follow up to ensure the correct compliance.
You will have the opportunity to put your stamp on Middlegate’s success as a leading
logistics company. In addition to an attractive salary we offer a nice package of
Roles and Responsibilities
• You are responsible for the department regarding all customs related matters in the logistic process.
• You have been bitten by Brexit and closely follow the evolution.
• You maintain a good relationship with customs offices and ensure a good flow of information to all parties involved, possibly through training.
• You report all progress to the management and determine, in close contact with them, the strategic approach.
• You are continuously in close contact with internal and external relations to guarantee good automation and efficient workflow.
• You are on good terms with IT. You engage them to set up EDI connections for smooth handling of the document flows.
• You implement efficient processes and internal consultation structure, in order to realise an optimal setup of customs formalities.
• You answer questions from internal and external partners and advise them on operational customs matters.
• You are perfectly informed about legal rules and procedures.
• You have extensive knowledge of customs legislation and you have a practical work experience in a similar position.
• You work systematically and respect deadlines. You can work under pressure.
• You are a good communicator and you speak English fluently.
• You have a very good knowledge of IT applications.